Pests are not just a good annoyance in your home; they could also cause animals to fall dangerously ill. If you have animals, pest control in your home should include procedures to prevent hitchhikers from tagging along with your dog or cat.
Whilst a professional pest control company is not always necessary for hitchhiking pests, besides in some extreme instances, pest prevention must begin with a commitment to your dog’s health. Additionally, a number of pests can hitchhike in human socks, pant thighs and shoes, so practicing green pest control can help keep your family safe and sound, too.
Read on to discover common hitchhiking pests and also what you can do to keep them coming from climbing onto your family pet or clothing.
Typical Hitchhiking Pests
Mosquitoes. Interested in pools of still water, such as individuals found in buckets and also puddles, mosquitoes are pests that can cause animals to experience itchiness and also dermatitis. Moreover, mosquitoes may also harbor dangerous illness such as dengue, malaria and the Western Nile virus, which includes affected people in your U.S. The West Nile virus could cause pets and humans to experience severe flu-like signs and symptoms and can be fatal to younger and also older populations.
Ticks. Ticks are blood-sucking unwanted pests that mostly reside in wooded areas and also areas with extra tall grasses. They can work as hosts to dangerous types of bacteria and also parasites. When a break sees a warm-blooded dog, it will eagerly connect itself to the host and enter the home. Ticks can carry your bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi, which causes Lyme illness, or the parasite Rickettsia rickettsii, which causes Bumpy Mountain spotted a fever. Lyme disease can cause your tick’s host to experience joint pain, fevers, a cough, as well as a rash that looks being a target or bull’s attention. Those infected with Bumpy Mountain spotted a fever can experience inflammation from the eyes and joint parts, as well as fevers.
Fleas. Among the most common hitchhiking pests in which dogs and cats attract, ticks can live in a number of environments. It is common for pets to experience allergic reactions from the saliva within fleabites, which can cause dermatitis as well as other skin problems. Fleas also harbor tapeworms, a good intestinal parasite that can cause malnutrition in a host. Severe flea infestations may require veterinary clinic care for a pet and also professional pest control services at home.
Bed bugs. Known to hitchhike in travelers and animals from infested homes and hotel rooms, bed bugs are pests in which hide in the spaces and crannies of a room and in pet bed linen. A bed bug’s nip can cause extreme pores and skin irritation, and an attack nearly always requires professional pest control.
Pest control and Prevention for Unwanted Hitchhikers
Following are a couple of pest prevention tips for family pet pests:
– Discuss pest avoidance with your pet’s animal medical practitioner. Ask about collars, oral medications and topical solutions that are safe, successful and environmentally friendly.
– By no means leave standing swimming pools of water around your own home, and do not allow a pet to go near puddles or pools of water. If you have a pool or hot tub, ensure that is stays covered while it is not utilized. Additionally, drain outdoor water features not in use should they do not have a pump to circulate the water. This pest prevention technique might help prevent mosquito attacks.
– Use mosquito-repelling plants about your home, such as basil, catnip, citronella grass along with the cadaga tree for an green pest prevention and control solution.
– Avoid exercising your pet in tall lawn to prevent fleas and ticks.
– Carefully check a pet’s fur for ticks after it has been in a wooded place or one with extra tall grasses.
– Frequently wash your pet’s bedding, blankets and toys.
– On a regular basis bathe and remember to brush your pet, according to the veterinarian’s recommendations.
– Vacuuming is a great pest prevention and also pest control technique that you should training on a regular basis, especially if your own home has carpeting.
– If the home experiences a good infestation of ticks or bed bugs, contact the experts. Such infestations are extremely difficult for a home-owner to control alone which has a successful outcome. The Pest Control La Jolla company will take your steps to control the current pest problem and help alleviate problems with future infestations.
- Pest Control Santee- A Pest control Service Is Essential for Many Reasons
- Pest Control Escondido- How To Identify A great Pest control Company.
- Pest Control San Diego – Practicing Some Home Do-it-yourself Pest Control
- Pest Control Escondido – Can You Learn From A Pest Control Technician?
- Pest Control Del Mar- The Top 5 Skin mole Pest control Lines Of Strike
Filed under: Diseases and Conditions
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!