The most important part of our personality is the personal hygiene. The basic routine includes taking a bath, cleaning our nose using the tissue, cleaning ear canals using the cotton buds, washing hands as often as necessary, including brushing our teeth with a good quality of toothbrush and toothpaste. However, some busy people tend to forget something even in their daily routine. Being busy is not an excuse to forget small but necessary things we do in everyday living. Morning rush to avoid getting late in school or in work, after eating breakfast others tend to forget brushing their teeth. Some food particles left in the teeth and mouth, which leads to serious oral problem. If repeated everyday this will be one of the causes of inflamed gums eventually.
There are at least eight sighted reasons of inflamed gums:
1. GINGIVITIS Is the irritation or inflammation of the gums that caused by poor hygiene thus building up the plaque in the teeth.
2. POORLY FITTING DENTURES Dentures that are not checked regularly or not even adjusted for a longer period thus it softens the gums and affects the bones that supports the teeth.
3. SMOKING In a study conducted, that tobacco use could also lead to the development of periodontal disease.
4. MALNUTRITION Malnourished people have weak immune system so the body is very susceptible to diseases, thus increasing the chances of the body in attracting teeth and gum problems.
5. SCURVY This is experienced by people who do not eat fresh fruits and vegetables that contain Vitamin C.
6. PREGNANCY Pregnant women are very much susceptible to inflamed gums due to the hormonal changes in their body during the pregnancy period. Their blood flow increases, which lead their gums to bleed then it, become sensitive and inflamed.
7. SENSITIVITY Some people are brushing their teeth so hard thus irritating the gums as well as using too much toothpaste and incorrect using of dental floss that causes gum bleeding and sensitivity.
8. PERIODONTITIS People with gingivitis at first if not treated will eventually experience periodontal disease. It is a disease characterized by red inflamed gums, it attacks the bones that support the teeth, it causes the teeth to loosen from the gums and eventually fall out.
Now, for us to be able to avoid or prevent from experiencing these symptoms we have to take care of our teeth and gums. In other words, taking care of our oral health is necessary. Proper oral hygiene should be considered, regular brushing and flossing are the two most easy way to prevent dental problems.
- Steer clear of Infected Gums
- Superb Methods to Prevent Red Gums
- Different Cause Demands Different Red Gums Attention
- Home-made Treatments with regard to Gum Sores
- Suggestions plus Assistance of Parents for Complete Oral Health on their Kids
Filed under: Diseases and Conditions
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!